Skip to content
Who can apply for funding?
- Organizations must reside within the designated field of membership defined for Advia Credit Union at the time of application. The field of membership includes the lower peninsula of Michigan; in one of the following counties in Wisconsin: Dane, Green, Jefferson, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Racine, Rock, Walworth, and Waukesha; or in one of the following counties in Illinois: Winnebago, McHenry, and Lake.
- Organizations must be a tax-exempt and a non-profit entity under Section 501(c)(3) or a 170(c)(1) governmental entity of the Internal Revenue Code. Section 170(c)(1) governmental entity refers to agencies that conduct activities to benefit the public-at-large, like public schools, state universities, public libraries, and volunteer fire departments.
- If applicant does not represent an organization operating as a 501 (c)(3) or 170 (c)(1), a fiscal sponsor operating within these guidelines must be designated. They will be legally and financially responsible. A fiscal sponsorship agreement may be required to accompany the grant application if a fiscal sponsor is being used.
- In compliance with anti-discrimination laws at the Local, State and Federal level
- Organizations must have one staff, volunteer or board member who is a member of Advia Credit Union.
Who/what is not eligible for funding?
- Individuals who are employed by Advia Credit Union and those part of the official family
- Endowment campaigns
- Political or partisan organizations
- Building or operating funds
- Funding for staff salaries
- Individual funding that will be used for personal aid or hardship cases
- Religious, ethnic, labor, or fraternal groups
- Reduction or liquidation of debt
Grant Recipients’ Responsibilities:
- Recipients must use the funds awarded only for the purpose requested (any portions unused to be returned to the Advia Foundation).
- Complete the project within approved designated timeline indicated within application.
- Upon project completion, provide the Advia Foundation a written summary of the outcomes, including videos, photos, etc. using the Advia Foundation Grant Final Report template.
- Media Releases – recipient is required to publicize completed project, providing credit directly to the Advia Foundation. Copies of the newspaper articles, electronic coverage, newsletters, video, etc., to be supplied to the Advia Foundation. Furthermore, Advia Credit Union and Advia Foundation are authorized to publicize the project through a variety of communication channels.