Summer is winding down, school is starting, and now is the perfect time to start your holiday shopping, right? We know, it may seem a bit early to start thinking about decorating, buying gifts and family gatherings, but is it too early? We don’t think so!
This year, Advia is going to help you plan, save and earn extra money as you shop. Does it sound too good to be true? Well, it’s not! Advia has done the research and now we are giving our members the best shopping tips to ensure a stress free and joyous holiday season.
- Get Organized – Making a list and a budget can help you stay on track and reduce the stress of finding a last-minute gift. Start by looking at who you need to buy for and how much you plan to spend. Your list and budget will help you from forgetting someone important and keep you from over-spending. Advia has a helpful budgeting tool in the new digital banking system. Get access 24/7 by downloading the digital banking app!If you like to save for holiday shopping in advance, check out the Advia Holiday Club Account. It offers higher interest rates and quarterly dividends that makes saving year-round for holiday purchases easier.
- Shop Early – Sales are staring earlier and earlier each year. Start looking now for gifts that you are planning to buy and stock up on generic presents when they are on sale. Keep your eyes open for seasonal items year-round. For instance, if you know your Dad needs a new grill, buy it in the fall when grills aren’t as popular. Consumer Reports has a great article outlining the best months to buy things.Some stores also offer layaway options. While this might not work for everyone, it is a great option for those that would like to make sure they get a hot ticket item or want to pay over a longer period of time.
- Do your research – It’s time to put your list to work! Start by searching for where you can buy your item and look for online reviews. This is especially helpful for gadgets and big-ticket items. If you are struggling for inspiration, try reading gift idea blogs and articles. If you are really stumped on what to get someone, peek at their Pinterest boards and online shopping wish lists. We won’t tell on you!
- Make your money work for you – Think about using a credit card that offers cash back and/or reward points. Rewards cards help stretch your budget and put money back in your pocket. It is also never too early to sign up promo codes and coupons. Start signing up for text and email alerts that could save you money on your purchase or shipping charges.
- Safeguard your purchases – While this tip may not be fun to think about, it may be the most important for ensuring peace of mind this holiday season. If you are shopping with a credit card, make sure it is from a reputable vendor that has you in mind. Fraud monitoring, Verified by Visa® and EMV Chips are just a few services that should be offered complimentary with your card. In case you are wondering, the Advia Visa Platinum cards include these services and more!With online shopping being at an all-time high, make sure that you are shopping at reputable sites and using a secure wifi connection. Click here to read more about fraud prevention and how to protect yourself this holiday season.
Earn cash back while you shop
At Advia, we’re committed to being your financial partner for life. That is why we offer our members security, flexibility and interest rates 4% below the national average. Just in time for the holidays, earn 5X the rewards at department stores** and $100 back when you take advantage of a new Visa Variable Rate Platinum Card!